How To Identify A Fly Problem
Flies carry and spread a vast array of diseases and tend to breed prolifically. They feed on food waste, farm waste, dead and live animals. A fly infestation may be caused by a number of factors but that doesn’t make them any more acceptable. A fly infestation of any sort can be highly irritating and also harmful to health.
There are thousands of different species of fly, each with their own habits and foibles. However an infestation should be relatively easy to spot, if there are many in a close proximity.
How To Get Rid Of A Fly Problem
As a rule, preventing an infestation is better than dealing with one. Here are some basic tips for preventing fly infestations:
- Keep food covered to prevent flies from spreading disease
- Tidy up and clean straight after preparing food. If there is nothing for the flies to feast on, they will go elsewhere.
- Empty and clean out the inside of dustbins regularly
- If you compost, make sure it is situated as far as possible from the house
- Pick up after your pets. Their droppings provide a perfect place for flies to breed
Flies will also be attracted to other decaying matter. A fly infestation could be a sign of a different pest problem needing attention.
Once the source of an infestation has been found and removed this should halt the problem, but some situations may require an expert help.
For larger problems, we at Crofters Pest Control can offer you:
- A friendly, fully-trained technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to precisely identify the cause of your fly problem.
- Professional advice and general tips to ensure this does not happen again
- A first visit within 24 hours of your call or enquiry, where possible
- A residual spray treatment to kill all flies
Please give us a call on 01233 714846 for a quote, or fill out our Contact Us form and a member of staff will be in touch.