Identifying A Mole Problem
As Moles spend the majority of time underground, it is very unlikely that you will actually see them. However, the damage their tunnelling creates is easily noticeable.
There are two different types of tunnels that a mole digs, including:
- Shallow tunnels just beneath the surface of the lawn that serve the function of feeding tunnels where a mole searches for worms. These can be seen as ridges in your garden.
- Deeper tunnels further underground created in the autumn and winter when the top soil becomes too cold. This search for warmth is exacerbated as Moles do not hibernate. It is this digging of deeper tunnels which creates mole-hills.
Problems associated with Moles
The main problem from having Moles is the aesthetic damage. They can dig at up to 4 metres per hour resulting in severe damage to any garden, fairway or sports grounds.
Mole Pest Control Services
Trapping and fumigation are the two main treatments most commonly used to eradicate a Mole problem.
To help you get rid of your Mole problem, we at Crofters Pest Control can offer you:
- A friendly, fully-trained technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to precisely identify the root of your mole problem.
- Traps laid and checked
- A first visit within 24 hours of your call, where possible.
- Treatment to destroy any existing tunnels
- If considered a serious problem, we have fully trained technicians able to carry out a gassing treatment for moles.
Please give us a call on 01233 714846 for a quote, or fill out our Contact Us form and a member of staff will be in touch.